Monday, December 16, 2013

Author Interview - Ashlyn Forge

This week, we're reading In Liam's Wake by Ashlyn Forge.  It's her first published book, which you can purchase a copy of here.  As often happens when we're reviewing break out authors, we have an interview with Ashlyn for you!

  What gave you the idea for this novel?
- The idea of the novel itself wasn't as clear as the the setting. The setting was already established in my head, and I thought of the things in my genre which I haven't seen much of. And it just came ot be.

Who is your favorite character in, “In Liam’s Wake”?
- My favorite character, other than Jerret, would be Met. I'm a big fan of a good bad guy.

What projects are you working on now?
- I'm working on another standalone. book 7 "The Stuff of Dreams." It should be out in 2014.

What was the hardest part about writing this book? The easiest?
- The hardest part was getting Liam to behave. Some characters take you into directions you weren't planning on. I won out in the end though. The easiest part was the character personalities. They are very defined in my head, and although I don't feel confident in much, I do feel confident that I got that across well enough.

What originally made you decide to write?  How long have you been doing it?
- I started writing when I suffered a loss 13 years ago. It was a good way to escape into a world I could control. I gave it a rest for awhile, just dabbling here and there, and then came back to it.

Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
- No one can tell you to write, and no one can tell you to stop. Keep pushing forward. One of these days, you're bound to break out into a run.

We have to ask, what's your favorite book?
- My favorite book is: Sneetches on Beaches by Dr. Seuss. It's amazing how such a short story could tell such a very big message. The exploitation of insecurities has never been so much fun to read. :-)

Thanks so much, Ashlyn, for taking the time to answer our questions!  If you want more information about Ashlyn and her book, you can visit her website, her facebook, or her twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment