Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Favorite Book Title

Today, we're all about judging a book by it's cover... or its title anyway.  We're doing our favorite book titles.


I want you to know right now that I have absolutely no idea what this book is about.  None.  At all.  It was a book, thrown on an endcap near our romance section, under the heading of "If you like Fifty Shades of Grey" which, let's face it, could basically be the title of our romance section.  But I digress.

Today, is all about book titles that make us giggle.  And this, my friend, made me giggle from the first moment I saw it it.  It could be a fabulous book (though, being on the "If you like Fifty" endcap AND in our romance section AND being called Wallbanger... I'm thinking probably not.)  But the point is, it just made me laugh the second I saw it.

A lot of romance books try to make themselves seem really deep, like there's a really important story line going on and it's not just all about the sex.  I just love that this book is like, "Nope.  Not even hiding it.  This book is about sex.  All of it.  We're even naming the title a sex title.  But since there's no naked people on the cover, we can put it in romance instead of sexuality."


This title gets two counts in this category, for me. Not only do I think the title "This Book Is Full of Spiders" is clever, attention-grabbing, and funny, but I really love the subtitle. The full title is "This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It." It makes me laugh every time I see the book, see a picture of the book, think about the book... It just makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment