Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Favorite Literary Tattoo

So I know we're supposed to pick our favorite, but I couldn't really decide which one I liked better so I figured, what the hell, I'll pick two of them.


The top one is from Alice in Wonderland, the famous line uttered by the Cheshire Cat.  I don't know why I have always liked the line so much, and it is, of course, vastly over used, but I've always thought it was a really good line.  It's in direct response to Alice's comment of, "I don't want to go among the mad people" and Carroll telling us that we're all a little crazy, a little mad.  


The second one is from Narnia, the lamppost from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.  I really love tattoos that are subtle.  If you didn't know about Narnia, you would never know why this person has a lamppost on their arm.  But, as a reader, it makes all the sense in the world and you secretly love it and think it's awesome. 

I'm going to refrain from posting either of my own book-based tattoos, because I feel like I'm probably a little biased toward them, seeing as how they're on ME.

What I really love - and don't have... yet... - is call number tattoos. It's like saying you really love two things: a book or genre thereof, and libraries! My favorite example is this Harry Potter call number tattoo, because she used the lightning bolt font from the series, too:



No comments:

Post a Comment