Gayle Forman and Chloë Grace Moretz came to my mall awhile back and were signing ALL THE THINGS!!! So, since I work at a bookstore, I bought a copy of the book to give to YOU readers and it's signed by BOTH Moretz and Forman! EXCITING!!!
Why yes, that IS an actual copy of the book we're giving away.
This contest, though, we're going to make you really earn your contest entry. We will be posting on the blog, as usual, and Facebook (as... mostly usual, though we've been less good about that as of late.) You need to comment in one of those two places to enter.
- Your comments have to be at least two sentences long and something that might start a discussion. "I liked this book. It was good" does not count. "I really like time travel sci-fi. I think Octavia Butler is the best writer of our time" would count. You're attempting to engage the opinions of others.
- You can not comment spam just to win. However, if you end up engaging in a discussion with someone (including us), we will count each comment as an entry, as long as they abide by rule one and stay relevant to the post/discussion (if you start going off into a tangent about how hot Hugh Jackman is, I'll agree, but will no longer be counting your comments as entries.)
- Inevitably, all comments are up to our discretion if they are counted as entries or not.
- Comment has to be on a post within the last week (or so). We're not going to go checking months and years worth of back posts just to see if you put a comment there. Sorry.
- We will randomly pick a winner on August 22, 2014, the same day that the movie comes out!
- As per usual with these contest, contiguous US. Sorry to all our international fans (and I know that we have a few.) We just can't afford the shipping. We will be shipping it USPS with no signature required.
- The winner must provide a valid address within one week of winning (that would be August 29). Email us at reviewmetwice [at] gmail [dot] com. If they do not, we will pick another winner. If the SECOND winner does not claim it, we'll dispose of the book as we see fit (AKA I'll give it to my co-blogger or sell it on eBay.)
- Please keep it civil. We love discussions on this page, and we're totally ok with disagreeing with people! (In fact, we think it makes it more interesting.) However, if it starts to get inappropriate or mean-spirited, we reserve the right to moderate. This applies to especially foul language, name calling, or anything else we deem to be really jerky.
This is in no way endorsed by the movie, the actress, or the author.