Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Favorite Author Quote


This week, were doing our favorite quote from an author! 

Mine is by John Green, because he's awesome and often just says the most awesome things in the whole wide world.  Seriously, go watch his youtube channel.

Because nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. We don't have to be like, 'Oh yeah that purse is okay' or like, 'Yeah, I like that band's early stuff.' Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can't-control-yourself-love it. Hank, when people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, 'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all, like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'.

I love this quote because he's telling everyone not only is it ok to be nerdy, it's BETTER to be nerdy, because nerds just get to do stuff better.


Mine is a little simpler, short and sweet:

"F***! I won a Hugo!"

That's Neil Gaiman's acceptance speech when he won a Hugo (best sci-fi/fantasy of the previous year) in 2002. I love it because it's probably how I would feel if I won a big honor like that. And I'd probably be stunned enough to actually say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment