Saturday, February 23, 2013

By Its Cover: The Time Keeper




It would almost be hard to screw this one up. It's a book about time; use something that represents time. Clocks? Good, let's go home.

More specifically, there is a pocket watch of some significance in the book, so it makes sense to choose pocket watches over digital watches or regular clocks or Big Ben or hourglasses...

Wait, did I say hourglasses? The hourglass in the book is way more significant than the pocket watch. Maybe the cover artist felt that would be too spoiler-alert-y. I think it would have been more effective.

I like the color scheme, but I don't have much to say about it. I just think it's nice. It's not your typical time travel color scheme, but then again, this book isn't so much about time travel as it is about time itself. Slight difference.

All in all, I like the cover. It caught my interest, it's appropriate, and it's aesthetically pleasing.

I agree with Alex about the pocket watches; they're significant to the book.  It was pretty easy to guess that the book has something to do with time (not only are there clocks on the cover, it's call The Time Keeper.)

I think the pocket watches are a nice effect because they're something old, something hardly used, something that's still around but if you have one, it's something that's from a different time really, which I think is great for representing our main character.  He's essentially from a different time.

It's a pretty basic cover, nothing to write home about, but not bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment