Monday, December 8, 2014

Author Bio: John Waters

I find it fascinating the many different ways people can be introduced to celebrities and pop culture phenomena. For example, as much as I adore Monty Python today, the first thing I ever saw Eric Idle in was Casper (you know, the one with Bill Pullman and Christina Ricci). So I find it amusing that the first time I was made aware of John Waters, someone who has done so much, was the fifteenth episode of the eighth season of "The Simpsons," "Homer's Phobia."

If you haven't seen it, go watch it. It's a classic.

But John Waters is a writer, director, actor, voice actor, plus... a writer! And this week, we're reading his most recent book, Carsick. He decided to hitchhike across America and write a book about it, and it promises to be very interesting and funny, like most things he does.

This is one of those instances where I can't go into much detail without going into all the detail, so check out a list of John Waters' great works at IMDB and another list at Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment