Monday, April 1, 2013

Review Me Twice - This Book Is So Good! by Anonymous

We know it's Monday, but our feelings about this book were just so conflicting, we HAD to tell you what was going on.  So, a special Monday review here on Review Me Twice!


I just want you to know, this book was crap.  I mean, I almost expected actual crap to come seeping out of the book.  The protagonist was forgettable (so forgettable, I can't even remember their name.)  The setting was the most nondescript place ever.  Could have been a city... could have been the suburbs.  All I really remember is that it took place in a house... I think.

And who writes dialogue like that?!  I mean, half the time, I couldn't even understand what the author was trying to get across, and if I did, the dialogue was so laughable that it almost made the book good again.

Almost.

Don't ever pick this book up.  Worst.  Writer.  Ever.

I understand why they wanted to remain Anonymous.

Clearly, Cassy has hit her head and suffered delusions, because this was the best book I've ever read in my life. It was life-alteringly good.

The characters are so unbelievably easy to identify with. It's like Anonymous was writing about me and everyone I know. The dialogue was so perfectly natural, it was like I was having conversations with the characters themselves.

And the concepts were so deep... the plot twists so beautifully crafted... This is less a book and more a nuanced work of art in the form of a book.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about this book! There's always been a split between the audience. You either REALLY love it and have this spiritual experience from it or you want it destroyed.

    I've decided not to read it. It's for the greater good I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep waiting for you to tell me the name of the book. But it's just... Book?

    ReplyDelete