Saturday, June 8, 2013

By Its Cover: Tweak


I have never been high, so I can't testify as to what it feels/looks/tastes/smells/sounds like, but this cover looks pretty close to what I imagine it would be like. (At least, on Nic's choices of drugs in this memoir, meth and heroin and sometimes crack.) It's confusing, it's busy, it's all over the place...

Actually, it's probably more about what a drug addict's life is like, rather than what his high is like. Hm.

At any rate, the cover is eye-catching, and it's appealing to me (I like abstract art, what can I say) and the fonts are jagged and messy which is fitting. All around, I think it's a great cover.

Honestly, I don't really have anything to add.  The copy of the book that I had didn't come with a cover when I bought it (and, at $2 for a hardback, I wasn't going to complain because it didn't have the cover sleeve that I actually hate anyway.)  So this is my first time seeing the cover of the book.

I like it; I think it kind of perfectly describes what Nic felt, but that's about all I got for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment