Thursday, October 3, 2013

Alex's Favorite Blog Post

On Tuesday, Cassy told you which of our blog posts from the first year was her favorite. Now it's my turn!

Mine is actually a tie between two very similar posts, both of which came from me (so I have a little bit of an ego): the graphic novel layout post, and the color/detail in graphic novels post.

I liked writing these, because I like talking about graphic design concepts. They are something that I learned from experience, not in a classroom, because of my family's background in design. So it's fun for me to examine why something works, rather than just knowing that it does.

I also liked hearing from other people about these posts, because I got two main reactions: (1) "I didn't realize that before!" and (2) "I'm so glad someone else besides me realizes that!"

You can definitely expect more of these in the future, whenever we talk about another graphic novel, because as you know, I have a soft spot for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment