Saturday, October 5, 2013

By Its Cover: Going Bovine


It's the last day of our anniversary week, and we're talking about the cover of Going Bovine (which, by the way, you have until midnight EST tonight to try to win a copy of!)

I like the cover, because it makes you think, "Huh?" Why is that cow carrying a garden gnome? Why is the gnome wearing sunglasses? What does the cow's expression mean? I'm sooo confused. I feel compelled to read this book to understand what's going on here.

And the title, too... "Going bovine?" What does that mean? Is it like "go stupid" in the club? Is that what we're doing? That cow doesn't look like it's at a dance party.

It's simple, it's effective, and it's interesting. What more could you want?

I agree with Alex about the cover.  In fact, the first time I was reading this book, my roommate looked at it and said, "are you reading a book about a cow?"  And then I had to explain to her why there was a cow on the cover.

So it's a funny cover that is very effective, as my real life evidence suggests.

Now, go ENTER OUR CONTEST to win this book.

DOOOO EEEEETTTTTT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment