Thursday, February 19, 2015

NaNoWriMo Editing Reminder


Remember November? I know, it seems like forever ago. But if you won NaNoWriMo, then you have some winner goodies to take advantage of, including several options for ways to publish your novel! But you shouldn't publish until you've edited, and that can take a really long time.

A lot of people - like me - finish NaNoWriMo and think, "Okay, now I can focus on the holiday season. Oh now it's January, I can start some new project for the new year. And February has rolled around now; I can get back to normal as far as housework and my job and things like that are concerned." Well, if you go on like that, you'll never edit, you'll miss the deadline to publish for free or discounted price (depending on which winner goodies you take advantage of) and before you know it, it's November again and you're starting all over!

We had a few snow days this week, and I did a very tiny bit of editing on my 2013 NaNoWriMo (because I think it has better foundations than my 2014 NaNoWriMo and I'd prefer to publish the 2013 one). Not as much as I should have, or had time to do, but I did something.

So this is a reminder to anyone who wants to edit their NaNoWriMo novel: DO IT! Even a little bit a day is more than nothing, and once you get your momentum up and you're several chapters in, it will get a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment