Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Favorite Book Costume

Remember how I said that we loved Halloween around here?  Well, we do, so we're serving up some of our favorite costumes based on book characters.


I was actually going to BE Harriet the Spy this year, but inevitably decided I was too poor to buy stuff and decided to be Lucille Ball (I already had the dress.)  However, I think I'm going to be Harriet next year because, well, who doesn't love her and she's an easy enough costume.

I don't know who the girl in the picture is, but she does a good job.  She's modeled more after movie Harriet (who is more recognizable and probably the one I would choose to imitate), but book Harriet actually just runs around in a red hoodie and jeans.  And, of course, there is always the tell-tale notebook that says "private."


I know, I've seen it all over the place too, but I love the idea of this pointillist comic book makeup. So it's not a specific character, but a specific costume technique. And sure, I've seen badly done examples, but this one is a good one, and I've seen others that were just as amazing, if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment